We have a recipe to share from Anna Mae’s new book Mac N Cheese: Recipes from the legendary food truck. Plus win a copy of their cookbook!
The book features over 50 recipes for pimped-up mac n cheese, sides, slaws, drinks and desserts, including classics from the truck #CheesusLovesYou. There’s something for all cheese fans, including The Don Macaroni, veggie favourite Spicy Juan, the meaty Macney Wick, experimental Machos, the alpine-inspired Maclette, and Mac N Cheese Fries.
- A cooking thermometer
- About 500g chilled, leftover mac n cheese thats been refrigerated in a square container
- 500ml vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 200g Japanese panko breadcrumbs
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- sea salt
- Carefully transfer the mac from its container onto a chopping board; its should look like a firm block. Slice the mac into 1cm-thick slices, then again into lengths around 1cm wide. You want to end up with sticks around 1cm square and 7cm long.
- Put the oil in a deep-sided, heavy-bottomed pan and heat to 190°C. Combine the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow dish.
- Take each of your mac sticks and roll it first in the beaten egg and then in the Parmesan breadcrumbs. Deep fry in small batches until golden, and then drain on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with your fave dipping sauce.
To win a copy of Mac N Cheese: Recipes from the legendary food truck, simply enter your details below.
Terms and conditions: All entries must be received by 13 January at 11.59pm. The winners will be selected at random and receive a copy of Mac N Cheese: Recipes from the legendary food truck. Non refundable. No cash alternative. All entrants will be added to the Street Eats London newsletter to be first to hear about new competitions, deals and food news.
Discover more recipes at home HERE.
Find out more about Anna Mae’s food trucks and Mac N Cheese in our interview HERE.
For more cheese-fuelled recipes from Anna Mae’s, order your copy of Mac N Cheese: Recipes from the legendary food truck, by Anna Clark and Tony Solomon here!